Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

It's 2009 now, and although I'm not one for resolutions, I am going to write out some goals for the year and really try to cross things off the list. I think actually writing that list is one of the first things I need to accomplish. I do a lot better when I work with to-do lists, anyway. I am going to be making some changes to the business side of things, which I am excited about. I want to be able to offer my clients the best service and the best products, so keep a look out for the occasional announcement. There's something about 2009 that feels like a fresh start. It feels... really optimistic, and I like that.

Those of you who follow my blog know that I'm "competing" in a movie race against the Golden Globes on Sunday night. I won't be able to see every movie nominated, but I'm doing my best. Slumdog Millionaire was amazing. I saw WALL-E last night and The Duchess today. I can now cross those off my list. Doug and I are supposedly going to see Benjamin Button tonight. That means I need to maybe see Doubt tomorrow. My plan is to see Frost/Nixon on Saturday. Maybe I'll squeeze The Reader in on Sunday, before the red carpet. Speaking of the red carpet, I heard from a bride who is flying out to LA this weekend to SIT IN THE BLEACHERS! I am so frickin' jealous! Of course, I will be at home, on my couch, yelling at the TV and enjoying our traditional awards night snack of goat cheese crostadas. Yum.

So, since I'm being so wordy, I thought I should also include some photos. I'm working my way through the Buenos Aires images and I wanted to post a couple from the wedding. I can not even begin to describe how amazing this wedding was and how much fun it was to speak Spanish for a week. Sra. Alvarez would be so proud of me! I think I even used the correct tenses! Anyway, these photos were taken around 3a.m. or so. That's when the Brazilian drum corp arrived on the scene and that's when we all got crazy hats.

Bride in Hat

Doug used my back-up camera to shoot and we had it all set up for him to shoot with just the ambient light. Lucky for us, they did crazy things with the lighting. The photos we took without our flashes on are so cool! This is one of his coolest shots.

Blue Bride

It feels like I'm keeping the bride's identity a secret since you can't see her face in either of these. Just wait - I'll post those soon!

No comments: