Sunday, December 27, 2009

But She Blinded Me With Science

"Gravity cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein

This poster hung next to our desk in 9th grade biology. We all sat near each other - me, Eileen, Erica, Karen, and Yash. If there's anything that can make biology class bearable, it's the people in it, and I lucked out. Oddly enough, thanks to the magic of life and facebook, we're all still in touch. And when Eileen came into town this fall, I had the privilege of photographing her family. These are some photos of her and her husband (whom I was meeting for the first time). They never had proper engagement photos taken, so a year later, this was sort of a mini engagement session for them. See? It's never too late!

Eileen & Kawicka

Eileen & Kawicka

Eileen & Kawicka

One of the best parts of this job is that I get to reconnect with people from my past. I guess I also have facebook to (reluctantly) thank for that as well. It was so great to see Eileen again. And let me tell you, neither of us looks a day over 21! I think we'll stay the same ages forever.

On the movie front, I just saw "The Road" and "Up in the Air." I thought "The Road" was really dark and depressing and creepy, but Viggo Mortensen did a great job. His body was a physical representation of the landscape around them. It was pretty frightening. I felt unsure about the ending - it definitely prompted some discussion between me and Doug, which is always a good thing for a movie. "Up in the Air" was good, but of course you all know I love George Clooney. He's a lot like Cary Grant in the way that nobody plays George Clooney better than George Clooney. He's charming and fun and playful, and yet there's a lot more to him. In this movie, you get to see some nuanced acting from him because it's not a straight-up comedy and it's not entirely a drama. I enjoyed it. Fourteen movies left on my list!

No comments: