Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You're Every Line, You're Every Word

Isobel and Jimmy got married this past fall and I am just now getting around to posting some of their images. Better late than never, right? I am so lucky to work with such wonderful and in-love couples. Isobel is a kindred spirit when it comes to movies and awards season, so it was a thrill to be able to photograph her wedding! Here are a few photos from the big day.

The bride getting ready at home.
Isobel & Jimmy, wedding

The bridal party before leaving for the church.
Isobel & Jimmy, wedding

A little rain didn't stop anybody from having a wonderful time. I love that it didn't faze anyone!
Isobel & Jimmy, wedding

This church was so different! It's St. Michael's Church in North Andover and it has the coolest layout and lots of windows. The light hit the bride and groom perfectly! In this photo, I'm showcasing the cross, of course, but it was so fun to play around with the natural light!
Isobel & Jimmy, wedding

A non-champagne, post-ceremony toast!
Isobel & Jimmy, wedding

The happy couple!
Isobel & Jimmy, wedding

The wedding took place at the Danversport Yacht Club in one of their beautiful ballrooms! Unfortunately, due to the weather, we weren't able to really explore the gorgeous property. Like I said though, the weather could not keep these people down. This crowd knew how to dance. Any wedding that features a dueling rendition of "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" is okay in my book! This is a photo of the bride & groom at the end of the night.
Isobel & Jimmy, wedding

Isobel & Jimmy, congratulations and thank you for allowing me to be part of your day! Less than one week until the Oscar nominations are out! To see more photos from their wedding, click here.

Like I just mentioned, the Oscar nominations come out next Tuesday (the same day as the final season of LOST premieres - busy day for me). I'm hoping I don't have too many movies to see. I think I did a really good preemptive strike with the Golden Globes. Here are a couple of other movie reviews...

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - Cute movie. Good voices. I think it's important for animated films to be entertaining for adults as well as children and this one accomplishes that. However, it's a tough year for animated films and I don't think this one has what it takes to beat out Up.

Broken Embraces - I'm a fan of Pedro Almodovar films and Penelope Cruz is at her best when she's acting in her native language. I love the art direction in this film - the colors, the homes - they're full of life. This one is not my favorite Almodovar film, though. I haven't seen any of the other foreign films yet, though, so I'm not sure how it stands up to the rest of them (or what will be nominated for the Oscar). I've heard really good things about The White Ribbon, which won the Globe.

I'm hoping to hop back on the movie bandwagon, so hopefully I'll have more reviews for you as I go!

No comments: