Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Boston Food Photograhy: I'll Meet You Anytime You Want

As part of the Boston Homegrown project I'm working on, I had the pleasure of photographing Chef Chuck Draghi of Erbaluce, an amazing Italian restaurant located in Boston's Bay Village, tucked behind the theater district. Chef Draghi was pretty phenomenal and so much fun to work with! He prepared two dishes for me to photograph. One was an awesome salad that involved taleggio cheese and japanese mushrooms scorched with a blow torch. I could have eaten two of that salad! It was so delicious. The photos in today's post, however, come from the second dish which introduced me to my new favorite vegetable - romanesco broccoli.

Erbaluce-Boston-Food-Photography
To me it just seemed so magically serpentine and beautiful! It looked like something you would find at the bottom of the ocean and not on your dinner plate.

This is the finished dish:
Erbaluce-Boston-Food-Photography

Erbaluce-Boston-Food-Photography

Erbaluce-Boston-Food-Photography

Everything about this dish was delicious! The only thing that kept me from devouring all of it is that Chef Draghi told me that this serving was family-sized. Since I had already eaten the entire salad, I didn't want to appear too gluttonous! I can't wait to get back to Erbaluce to try more dishes off the menu! The wonderful thing about getting to meet all these chefs is that I feel more adventurous when ordering. So many restaurants to eat at, so little time!

No comments: