Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Shannon and Mike: Like A Stamp To A Letter

This is a sneak peek from one of the many engagement sessions I photographed over the past week or so. Luckily the October snow didn't get in our way!

Shannon-and-Mike-New-Hampshire-engagement-session

I'm also in the process of switching my blog over to another site. As with most things website related, the work tends to be slow going because it gets put behind actually shooting and editing, but hopefully I'll stay somewhat on top of it and I can debut a new blog soon!

In other news, I was down in NYC this past week for the PhotoPlus Expo at the Javits Center. It's a huge photography trade show and you can sign up to see speakers and try out new equipment. It's a great way to touch and test new products (I think I found a few to add to my roster). The Javits Center also happens to be near one of my favorite places to eat in NYC - Manganaro's Hero Boy. When I lived in New York a million years ago, I worked right around the corner and my boss Max introduced me to their chicken parm sandwiches and arancini. Yum! Visiting NYC has definitely turned into a trip about food and drink! I also managed to schedule a visit and session with Emily and Nicolas and their newborn son! It's always wonderful to catch up with couples, and I had the added bonus of seeing their parents as well. And, to round out the trip, I got to go to a taping of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon! Justin Timberlake was the main guest and he stood about 5 feet from me. For real. And I'm not going to lie - I get starstruck. I'm pretty sure I looked like an idiot, with that wide "I'm near a celebrity" smile that I seem to get in photos. Here's the clip of the opener where Jimmy and Justin run up into the audience. Justin stops right near where I'm sitting! Eeks!

One more thing, if you haven't done so yet, head over to my facebook page and "like" me! Pretty please with sprinkles on top?

Okay, back to work!

No comments: