Saturday, February 9, 2008

If There's A Bustle In Your Hedgerow

As many of my blog readers know, I have a little sister. "Little" refers to the fact that she's much younger, not that she's in any way smaller. She's definitely got the height I missed out on. Well, last night my sister had her very first high school semi-formal. Generally, Tessa is a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl, but man, does she clean up nice! My cousin Jessica came over and did her hair and make-up (clearly those are not my talents - I just took some photos) so it was quite the to-do over at the Belanger house last night. Parents, cousins, siblings, friends...

Here are some before-and-after photos. For those of you who knew Tess when she was little and haven't seen her in a while, brace yourselves! Here she is getting her hair done:



And here's the gorgeous final product:



And yes, she was mortified that I stood there and took a million photos of her. And that my dad took photos. And my cousin. But what can we say? Our little girl is growing up!

Just as a little flashback, I remember my freshman semi. I had no date (so Tess is already way ahead of me), but I went with some friends. My dress was white eyelet lace and it had puffy cap sleeves. My hair was long and frizzy/curly. It had previously been straight, so the curls coming in were a little out of control and I had no idea what to do with them. After the dance, my two friends (Celeste and Clare) and I went to the movies to see "Encino Man." In our dresses, because we were just that cool.

No comments: