Saturday, April 19, 2008

Close the Window, Calm the Light

Let me explain my quote for this post. First of all, it's from the Boz Scaggs song "We're All Alone." When I was young, I was one of those on-the-fringe kids who was totally listening to Elton John and Jimmy Buffett when all the other kids were listening to New Kids on the Block and Winger. I did have one partner in crime, though. Maile. For some reason, we both "knew" the lyrics to this song. Maile's version went a little something like this: "Close the window, Carmeline..." We had a feeling those weren't the real words, but they worked for us. I'll make a little confession to you (the one of you who reads this) - I didn't know the real words until I looked them up for this post. While I knew Boz Scaggs wasn't talking to Carmeline, I did think he was saying, "Close the window, come alive." That made sense and it fit in the song. Imagine my surprise when after 17 years, I found out the real words. Oh well. At least my version made sense. At least that song doesn't get a lot of radio play, so it's not like I'm sitting in my car singing the wrong words really loudly with the windows down. To her credit, Maile's musical tastes were much more advanced than mine. Somehow, even without older siblings, she managed to discover all sorts of cool groups and then introduce them to me. Here are some of my favorites: R.E.M., Indigo Girls, Siouxsie and the Banshees, the Pixies, and They Might Be Giants. But just so you don't go thinking Maile was super-cool, I will remind you all (or reveal to you all) that we DID go see Bel Biv DeVoe in concert.

Without further ado, here are a couple of other photos from Maile's shoot. There are so many to choose from, which I guess is a good (great) thing. For both me and my clients.

A little lensbaby love for Maile:


When you can find cool alleys in your Boston suburb, you're in pretty good shape!


I love that it's spring out again! There's so much potential everywhere. I've got a bunch of shoots to blog and some coming up in this next week and I'm so happy to be busy. I love everything about photography - I love meeting new people, taking pictures, and I even love the editing. I am so lucky to be able to do what I do. My wedding season hasn't begun officially yet, but it's right around the corner and it's going to be amazing. All of my brides and grooms are wicked fun and we're going to have a blast. Lots of weddings also mean lots of engagement shoots. Life is good.

No comments: