Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pressed in Organdy, Clothed in Crinoline

You know those friends who've seen you at your worst? Your craziest, angriest, saddest, tipsiest moments were witnessed by them? I've determined that if, years later, those friends are still around, you should probably hang on to them. Not only does it mean they're good friends, but you don't want them spilling your secrets. I've known E since we were freshmen living in Mary Low at Colby. We bonded over a mutual love of Jimmy Buffett and I credit her with introducing me to the Barenaked Ladies way before they had mainstream radio play. We survived living together, post-college, in Manhattan. Now we're "adults" (although she's always been more adult than me) and she's got a brand new baby! Oh my goodness - how precious! When I photographed her, she was just about 3 weeks old. Brand spankin' new!

Teeny tiny on the couch.
Baby C, newborn photography

New daddy.
Baby C, newborn photography

Baby C, newborn photography

Baby C, newborn photography

Crying baby! I love this photo - one of my all-time favorite crying baby pictures!
Baby C, newborn photography

New mommy.
Baby C, newborn photography

Santa Baby.
Baby C, newborn photography

It was so much fun getting to hang with this family for the evening! That little girl is one much-loved bambina!

I am going to be catching up on blogging now - busy season is pretty much over! I have two more weddings to shoot - one on Christmas Eve and one on New Year's Eve - before it's officially 2011. In the meantime, it's Awards Season, my favorite time of year! I've been doing a good job of pre-emptively getting to the movies, so my list isn't too bad. I currently have 10ish movies to see. I'm hoping to knock two off my list today. One is inbetween theaters and DVD, so I'm not sure I'll get a chance to see it. A lot of the movies haven't received a wide release yet, so who knows if they will even open in Boston before the Golden Globes (1/16). I'm just going to go go go and see whatever I can!

Enjoy your holiday season - it finally snowed around here yesterday!

1 comment:

Sam said...

She is beautiful. I am glad I got to see her! I love the crying baby photo...they are adorable when on mute :)