Saturday, January 22, 2011

Looking In Your Eyes, I See A Paradise

When I first met Karen and Joe, I knew I wanted to photograph their wedding. What started out as a meeting turned into a three hour dinner. They are so friendly and fun and overall awesome. They're getting married in March at the gorgeous Gibbet Hill in Groton. If you haven't been, they have delicious food (both at the restaurant and at weddings). The grounds are beautiful and perfect for photos. To contrast with the barn-like feel of their wedding venue, Karen, Joe, and I spent the day traipsing around Boston for their engagement shoot.

We started off in Fanueil Hall.
Karen & Joe, engagement session, Boston

Then we walked over to City Hall Plaza. Boston's City Hall is a concrete piece of Brutalist architecture that generally looks like an eyesore. However, if you take your time and use your creative eye, there are plenty of beautiful spots for photos.
Karen & Joe, engagement session, Boston

Then on to Beacon Hill! We wandered through Lousiburg Square and down the narrow streets.
Karen & Joe, engagement session, Boston

We did a little urban exploring and maybe casually trespassed. Maybe.
Karen & Joe, engagement session, Boston

Karen & Joe, engagement session, Boston

Mid-shoot, we stopped to "refuel" at the place where Karen & Joe met. It was great to incorporate this location into our session and we ended up with some great photos!
Karen & Joe, engagement session, Boston

I can't wait to photograph their wedding in March! I know it's going to be a blast. Karen was a bridesmaid in one of my 2010 weddings, so I know what kind of crowd will be there!

*Karen and Joe can not be held responsible for the post title. Their musical taste might not be as cheesy (and varied) as mine and this just happened to be the song I was listening to (made myself a rockin' Yacht Rock mix!).

No comments: