Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Kim and Jeff, Engagement Session: I Thank My Lucky Stars

Kim and Jeff rock. There, I said it. They are hilarious. I knew photographing them would be easy because they are so much fun to be around. We just needed to find a way to conquer their nerves! We met up at Fenway Park and wandered around that area before making our way down to Fanueil Hall, the Rose Kennedy Greenway, and Christopher Columbus Park. It was a chilly day, but not by "January in Boston" standards. When we originally scheduled the session, I think we were all envisioning some sort of romantic snowy city scene. Well, Mother Nature has had other ideas for us this winter.

Kim and Jeff were great sports! They let me experiment with light, shadows, my new lens, new filters, and everything else in my bag. There's lots of hugging, kissing, holding hands, laughing, and even some funny faces thrown in for good measure. It was easy for Kim and Jeff to loosen up and we had a wonderful time hanging out in the city! Even Doug loosened up - usually he tries to be all quiet and professional and just wants to stay out of everyone's way, but the fun was contagious. It got to the point where he even jumped into a few photos! WHAT?! I know, I know, totally unlike him. Also, I consider myself lucky that Kim and Jeff didn't seem to mind.

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

This photo is certainly not a technically great photo, but it makes me laugh and it captures our entire day. I mean, you wouldn't be looking at the camera and smiling if you were in a lobster pot of boiling water, right?
Kim-and-Jeff-Boston-Engagement-Session

Kim and Jeff, I am sooooo looking forward to your wedding this fall! We are going to have a blast!

No comments: