Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's A Small World After All

Today Kristi and the itty bitty bake shop are featured on Boldfacers.com, a cool website that profiles cool people. You should all check it out! I get a nice little shout-out (thanks, Kristi!), as do our itty bitty birthday sessions. I couldn't be happier for Kristi - she deserves all the success she finds. Thank you to everyone who has supported her creative endeavor!

Here are a couple of photos from one of our itty bitty birthday sessions...
itty bitty birthday session

itty bitty birthday session

Yay for Kristi and the itty bitty bake shop!

I photographed a fabulous wedding this past weekend - loads of fun and the weather held out! I also experienced my first wedding crashers. Really poor form. They were no Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. And frankly, if you're going to crash a wedding, there probably shouldn't be 10 of you crashing a 60 person wedding at the end of the night. It's painfully obvious you're not supposed to be there. So obvious, in fact, that you might get led out of the reception by the bride's uncle and a few choice words I won't repeat here. Lucky for me, I got photos of the culprits!
Wedding Crashers
This photo was taken before a bunch more of them came streaming in to the reception. One guy is chillin' in khaki shorts and a t-shirt. What?! Not smooth at all.

The movie game...
The Soloist - stars Robert Downey, Jr. and Jamie Foxx. Not bad. A little exploitative. What I think they do a good job of is bringing the realization home that thousands of homeless people live on the streets of L.A. The wealth and grandeur of The Disney Concert Hall is only a couple of blocks away from Skid Row. The dichotomy of that is really crazy. Also, The Biltmore is in the movie, so I got to see the room I was kicked out of by security.

I Love You, Man - stars Paul Rudd, Josh Segel, Rashida Jones. Very funny. Raunchy. Ridiculous. Totally fun.

Separate Tables - stars Burt Lancaster, Rita Hayworth, Deborah Kerr, and David Niven (who won an Oscar). What amazes me about old movies is they always surprise me. We think of them as being all prim and proper, maybe because they are in black and white, but some of them get away with quite a lot. This is one of these movies. It seems to have a strange tolerance for sexual freedom that I wasn't expecting. Really. The David Niven character essentially pleads guilty to sexually harassing a woman at the movie theater, something he says he just can't help doing, and in the end, everyone is okay with it. If you like old movies, this is one worth checking out, just for the scandal! And, of course, for Rita Hayworth!

No comments: