Thursday, July 8, 2010

You've Got To Get Up Every Morning WIth A Smile On Your Face

So, I've been lucky enough to travel around the greater Boston area recently, photographing food. I've gotten to meet some amazing restauranteurs, photograph some amazing dishes, and even had the opportunity to sample some. A few weeks ago, I visited with Karen Masterson, owner of the restaurant Nourish in Lexington, MA. This place is pretty cool. Their motto is "Responsibly Sourced, Respectfully Priced." The restaurant is committed to using locally sourced foods whenever possible and making the food affordably priced. Not a bad mission if you ask me. The day I visited, the chefs had prepared the restaurant's Phyllo Rolls, which are stuffed with cauliflower, kale, mushrooms, and garlic, and served with cranberry chutney and cucumber salad. I got to eat the rolls at the end of the shoot and let me tell you, they were DELICIOUS!

Here are a couple of photos from our session...
Nourish

Nourish

The rest of the photos will be featured in the book Boston Homegrown, which if all goes according to plan, will be out next year.
(Today's post title is inspired by my summer of Carole King and what I have to remind myself when I walk into my 85 degree office)

No comments: