Sunday, January 22, 2012

Verrill Farm: Carry Moonbeams Home in a Jar

For some reason, maybe it was the recent arrival of winter around here, I was thinking about my Verrill Farm photos last night. One of my favorite photos is of Steve Verrill eating the corn - that's apparently how to tell if it's ripe or not. I always approve of the taste testing method! Over the course of this project, I took so many photos at each of the places I visited and so few of them actually ended up in the book. I decided I was going to post the photo with the corn this morning, but then when I went to pull it from my files, I saw all these other photos that I loved that weren't included in Boston Homegrown. For instance, I love the photos of Steve and his wife Joan. Steve always wears a hat while working on the farm, so I thought it would be fun to incorporate it into some of their portraits. Verrill Farm also has an amazing farm stand and I highly recommend taking a trip out for some food! You can obviously buy local produce and even beef, but they also offer prepared foods, sandwiches, and baked goods. Yum! I've definitely been there just for lunch on more than one occasion!

Verrill-Farm-Boston-Homegrown

Verrill-Farm-Boston-Homegrown

Verrill-Farm-Boston-Homegrown

Verrill-Farm-Boston-Homegrown

Verrill-Farm-Boston-Homegrown

Verrill-Farm-Boston-Homegrown

*The song I used for this post doesn't actually have anything to do with the post - it's just a pretty lyric that popped into my head. Although I guess it does reference two farm animals, so it sort of fits!

No comments: