Thursday, August 23, 2007

I Put Some New Shoes On

I may not be Carrie Bradshaw, but these make me smile!


This photo doesn't exactly go with this post, but I took it the same day, so I'm throwing it in here. Not to bring up the whole nostalgia thing again, but I've had to let go of a lot of "stuff" over the past few months. Yesterday, it was my first fancy dress. I loved this dress... it was forest green velvet on top and green satin on the bottom. There were rhinestones on the sleeves. I even remember the brand name - Zum Zum. Does that ring a bell for anyone? And it was expensive! But, I had a black tie party to go to - my grandfather's 75th birthday celebration. I think I was in 6th grade, which was still elementary school for me. Can you imagine being 12 and going to a black tie party with the adults? My younger brother even wore a tux! Needless to say, there are plenty of photos of me in the dress floating around. I just needed to take one more.

No comments: