Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A Whale of a Tale and It's All True

This song ("Whale of a Tale") is sung by Kirk Douglas in the Disney movie, "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea." I was extremely excited when it popped into my head; I couldn't think of any other song lyrics that talked about whales.

This past weekend, I took some time off and enjoyed the city. Normally, I love to walk around Fanueil Hall, Newbury Street, the Common, even go to the movies. We decided to do something different this time. A friend of mine works at the Aquarium and has been talking about us going on a whale watch. Well, she's off to train dolphins in Florida for a few months (yay, meg!) so I took the initiative and decided to go with my boyfriend instead (much to his land-loving chagrin). It was breathtaking, when I wasn't too busy trying to get a good shot. I'm afraid that when trying to photograph whales on a large ship that's moving, surrounded by lots of strangers taller than me, a lot of my photography skills went flying out the window. Thank god for cropping! Here are a few that came out okay.




No comments: