Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mama Don't Take My Kodachrome Away

Over the past few months, I have been meeting with my aunt and going through all my grandmother's old photo albums. It's been an amazing experience, albeit a little bittersweet. I never knew my grandfather and poring over these photos week after week has given me a little glimpse as to what my grandfather was like, what my grandmother was like when she was young, what my dad's childhood was like, and so on. We're just about done with the project and I'm going to miss it (and the meatball subs that came with it - yum!). When my grandmother was alive, I visited with her about once a week and I am so happy to have had that time with her. Working with the photographs allowed me to keep visiting with her. Maybe everything will hit me once we put the photo albums away, who knows. The holidays should keep me busy. Check back with me in January. The reason I brought all of this up is because I found this photo of me in my grandmother's slides. I'm probably about 2 or 3, totally rocking the plaid shirt. I guess I really have always loved to take pictures!

No comments: