Friday, July 6, 2007

Excuse Me While I Kiss The Sky

Last weekend I shot a wedding on Cape Cod. Everything was so beautiful I couldn't help but sneak a couple of non-related photos of my own. I was lucky enough to capture this image, which I love. It reminds me so much of my boyfriend. He obsesses (in a good way) over lighting, and whenever I can, I make him my lighting director on shoots. For some reason, his eye is so attuned to all of that. Sometimes he worries he's in my way or being too pushy, but I love having him there. It's a wonderful experience to share and the photographic excitement is contagious. When I look at the work of other photographers, I notice a lot of husband/wife teams - I always thought it was strange, but I never took the time to look at my own relationship and how much we enjoy photography together. It's funny, but now that I think of it, one of my very first assignments was to take headshots of him (I'll spare you the photos of that). We had just started dating; he had long hair back then. Ah, nostalgia. He suffered through many a photo shoot (and movie shoot) as one of my models/actors. I have a sneaking suspicion he now prefers being behind the camera with me instead of in front of it. Although, either way, I still get to tell him what to do. Back to the point - this photo is for him. Shadows, light, the ocean.

No comments: