Saturday, November 24, 2007

Halfway to Work and Halfway Home

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday, and their holiday weekend. I had the best intentions of getting up wicked early on Friday morning and hitting any one of the "early bird specials" but chose to sleep in a little instead. Today was my consumer fun day, although I don't really feel like I made a dent in my shopping list. However, I did buy two new pairs of tights for an outift I need to wear later this week. Let's hope at least one of them fits/goes. Also, you may remember I went on my road trip - got back safe and sound Tuesday night. My friend and I did such a great job driving (she drove, I navigated - like a rock star) and we managed to avoid any major rush hour/holiday traffic until we got about ten miles away from home. It took three hours to finish the last ten miles or so. Are you KIDDING me? We're lucky we didn't kill each other, ourselves, or anyone else on the road. The trip was fabulous though. I drank from the Fountain of Youth, so don't expect me to age any from here on in, plus we stopped at a Civil War battleground in North Carolina, which was really cool. My friend Meg and I travel well together because we both love history, so we love stopping at all sorts of wacky random historical sites off the highway. I took a bunch of photos, so once I go through them, I'll post some.

To hold you over, here's a senior photo I took before my trip. Jane was a great model, and although she donned a couple of outfits, I think this one was my favorite. Also, I'm a huge fan of hats.



Just in case you hadn't noticed, it's officially Christmas season! That means I can listen to my Christmas music now without being ashamed!

No comments: