Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

A month ago, I vacationed with a bunch of my friends to celebrate a college reunion of sorts. Way back when, over ten years ago, we all decided that we would go on a cruise together for a week. Well, the designated year arrived, and as you can imagine, a week on a boat started to seem a little tough to take. For instance, some of us now had children. All of us had jobs. The horror! We found a super-cool alternative - we stayed at a house in Park City, UT! It was close enough for people to come for a long weekend and we didn't need to worry about passports. Sign me up! Needless to say, we had a blast. There's something about spending time with people who really know you - they've seen you at your worst and your best, and still love you. All of my travel companions are AMAZING people - doctors, lawyers, businessmen, entrepreneurs. Everyone seems truly happy with their lives, which is inspiring on its own. I finally carved out a little time to post some of our trip photos (although I'll save the embarrassing ones for later), so enjoy! Dan, Mel, Mark, Alice, Amy, Andy, Rachel, Dennis, and Lesley - these are for you!

If you remember, I mentioned in a previous post that it snowed while we were there (like on June 11th). Here's the proof:




This is the brave group of souls who decided to try out the Olympic bobsled track. At Olympic Park closing time, the three boys (men?) had the fastest time of the day!


Dan & Mel


Skiing Collage (click on it to see it bigger):

No comments: