Friday, January 23, 2009

Strike A Pose

What photographers do when they're just messin' around...
Strike a Pose
This is the lovely, creative, quirky Rachel of mergeweddings.com. She organized a crazy shoot with lots of brides and, before they showed up, we couldn't help but take some photos of ourselves. We also took photos after they left. It's as if we just can't help ourselves.

So much to say. I have been actively working on my business which is certainly keeping me busy. I am finalizing my new logo, which I am SOOO excited about. It is similar to the heading on the top of this blog, but a little more polished. After that, the website! I want to totally update my portraits and I am going to finally create a wedding gallery (or separate site). Keep checking in to see what's going on!

Just a small rant on the Oscar nominations... Benjamin Button was good, but not 13 nominations good. It makes me sad that Slumdog Millionaire is nominated for some big awards but the Academy overlooked the acting, especially the different boys who played Jamal. I was surprised that Leonardo DiCaprio didn't get nominated (or Clint Eastwood), but my biggest gripe has to do with the song category. Last year, there were five songs nominated, three of them from the movie Enchanted. This year, there are only three songs nominated total, two from Slumdog Millionaire. Know what's not nominated? Bruce Springsteen's "The Wrestler." It won the Golden Globe and is a fantastic song. There doesn't seem to be any sort of eligibility issue so I am baffled as to why it wasn't even nominated. For Pete's sake, they totally could have found 5 good songs to fill the category. The Academy has lost its mind and I think it's a travesty.

In the next month, I need to see The Reader, Doubt, Milk, Frost/Nixon, and Revolutionary Road. Luckily, after the Oscar noms come out, a lot of the movies release wider.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahah I am so HOT!