Friday, May 15, 2009

He Loves and She Loves and They Love

I photographed Dan & Megan's engagement session on Mother's Day. The weather was gorgeous, thankfully. You never know around here. They are getting married in the fall but wanted to schedule their session when they knew flowers would be in bloom, which is good planning on their part. We shot all around Lowell, MA, soaking up the environment. And the sun. I think I may have even gotten a little color.

Dan & Megan, engagement shoot

I may have risked my life getting this photo. I'm just saying.
Dan & Megan, engagement shoot

This photo is taken right in front of the tree where Dan proposed to Megan. As we were walking by, Dan pointed out the spot and I had to grab a photo (or two).
Dan & Megan, engagement shoot

So, there's this train in Lowell that's not going anywhere and I wanted to use it in some photos. But not in a hugely cliche way. Or if it was cliche, I wanted it to be on purpose. I loved the back of the train and the way the tree hung into the photo. The whole scene reminded me of an old movie, so I wanted to "recreate" stills from a movie. Not from any specific movie, but just photos that look like they could have been from an old movie. Dan & Megan played the parts of the classic lovers, before the train had to pull away from the station.
Dan & Megan, engagement shoot
Silly, but totally fun and I love the way the photos came out.

Today I am shooting a wedding with Emily, so I've got a full day ahead of me. Tomorrow, off to Newport for an engagement session. Sunday, Doug and I get to watch my goddaughter make her First Communion. It's a big weekend for us!

No comments: