Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Brighter than Sunshine

Last night I went to the most amazing seminar! It was called the Free to Succeed Tour and it was led by photographer David Jay and it was awesome! Jasmine Star also spoke to us and she was really funny and inspiring. Frankly, the whole evening was inspiring. Even Becker was there to speak about his new project. All three photographers are from the west coast and have been traveling around the country for weeks now. Did they seem tired? No. Did they seem bored? No. They were as enthusiastic about giving their talks as we were listening to them. When I fell asleep last night, all of my dreams consisted of something having to do with the seminar. Then when I woke up this morning, I was excited about the future and determined to make myself a better photographer, a better businesswoman, and a better person. Yes, 5 hrs of sitting in a Sheraton did that. Life is good.

Something I've been listening to lately, a song called An American Prayer by Dave Stewart (he was one half of the Eurythmics back in the day). I first heard it on Perez Hilton (yes, I read Perez Hilton daily) when he showcased it in his column and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. The link I gave you brings you to the video, which is also really moving. Back in the 1960s, music supported a revolution. These days, we don't hear much music with a political message. Let's face it, things aren't great right now in this country. I think musicians are finally starting to participate, starting to reach out to their audiences. Anyway, you should check it out. If you like it, you can buy it on iTunes!

I didn't want to post without a photo, so here's one taken at Amanda and Alex's wedding this past weekend:

I love making my couples do silly things. And by "making them," I mean, not letting the groom go to the cocktail hour until I get the shots I want. And the shots I know they'll want.

No comments: