Thursday, December 11, 2008

Easy Like A Sunday Morning

As soon as my wedding season started to wind down, I started booking all my family sessions for the holidays. I love the idea that people are using my photos on their holiday cards and are giving them as gifts. I've gotten to meet a bunch of new cool families, plus I've been able to catch up with some I photographed last year. I love that my job is to basically meet people, hang out with them, and capture their personalities. Sure, there's definitely some pressure to get the perfect family photo, but I try to keep the experience as painless as possible. When I worked at a studio, the pressure reduced some children, and even some parents, to tears. My goal is to take as much of that pressure away as possible! By going where my clients are comfortable, the portrait session starts off much more relaxed. No searching high and low for parking that then makes you late for your studio appointment. No dragging children through the mall. No waiting in line. It's a great system.

This family was a lot of fun to photography. They had this big finished attic that we were able to use for our "studio." Dad stood by while I photographed the kids, occasionally reading them passages from Junie B. Jones to get them to smile. The two little girls couldn't wait to hold their baby brother.
Laughing Sisters
Kids

Here's the whole family. I love the bright colors!
Family

The day I took the photos was one of those early really cold days we had right before Thanksgiving. The girls didn't really want to play outside. Can't say that I blame them. This little guy had no choice! He looks so adorable all bundled up!
Blue


Things that are wicked exciting right now:
1) Golden Globe nominations came out today! I'll be making my list and checking it twice! I was thrilled to see that most of the nominated films are movies I already wanted to see. It's nice to know I won't be dragging myself to the theater to spend money on movies I'm not that interested in seeing. I've already seen a bunch of them, so that's helpful too. The broadcast is on Sunday Jan 11th, so between now and then, I'll be checking in with nutshell reviews I'm sure.
2) Christmas is 2 weeks from today! Eeks!
3) Doug and I leave for Buenos Aires two weeks from today! That's insane. We've been starting to prepare for the trip, but I have a feeling we'll be doing a lot of it last minute.

1 comment:

=================================== said...

Hi Meg! Love the pics! I would like to send you a Christmas card! What's your address? The little one bundled up is so cute!