Tuesday, December 16, 2008

You Better Watch Out

You Better Watch Out

Besides an engagement shoot coming up, I am done with sessions in 2008! It's been such an amazing year - I have learned so much and am so excited about the direction my business is taking. Christmas is a great way for me to wrap up the year because I start getting all the photo cards in the mail. I love when clients send me their cards. When you photograph a family, you never know which photo they will choose to use, so it's a great surprise to see them all. I've got them taped up around a doorway in my house and they make great decorations.

Buenos Aires is right around the corner, which I guess is how I'll really end 2008. I'm photographing a wedding on December 27th, which I know is going to be fabulous. Doug and I are trying to finish up Christmas stuff so we can focus on packing and preparing. I am going to try to blog from the road - I think the hotel has WiFi, so I should be okay. I'm sure I'll shoot a million and one photos. I'm SOOO excited!

Quick Movie Reviews: I saw Vicky Cristina Barcelona last night and enjoyed it. Good acting, good storyline, great characters. The characters are really multi-faceted, which lends itself to the nuances of the story. The movie got a fair amount of Golden Globe nominations and won't be around in theaters much longer so it was on the top of my list. Penelope Cruz was great. Since Golden Globes separate Comedies and Dramas, it will be interesting to see if the movie receives any Oscar recognition. There's a fair amount of competition. Overall, I recommend it, either in the theater or at home.

No comments: