Monday, March 16, 2009

Fly Like An Eagle

Many moons ago, I interned in Boston radio. I met some of the coolest people in the world during my time there. Twelve years later, we are still friends. My boss Dave was amazing. I know it sounds silly but he really took care of me. Frankly, Dave is not that much older than me - sort of like a big brother. I did a lot of growing up during my two years at the station and he was there for a lot of it. Sure, one could say we were adults back then, but now we're really adults and Dave is asking for my help (and for yours). Dave's father was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) a few years ago and lost the battle this past August. This July, Dave will be biking the Tri-State Trek - a 270 mile ride - for the 3rd time. He does the ride for his father, and for everyone else struggling for their lives. He does the ride to spread awareness and to raise money in the fight against this horrible disease. He does the ride because he's a good man and he takes care of his people. Please help my friend Dave in his quest to end ALS. By clicking on that link, you can donate directly to his team. Any little bit will help. I will be posting reminders every once in a while up until the ride.

I wanted to post a photo of me and Dave from back in the day, but sadly, I was behind the camera for most of the photos! So, here's a totally random photo instead.
Loon Mt.

No comments: