Wednesday, March 25, 2009

She's Always Been A Lady of the Road

High Heels

The title of this post comes from the song "Rock and Roll Madonna."

On Valentine's Day, Doug and I went to the the Acton Jazz Cafe to listen to some jazz and hang out. On the wall there was this really cool photo of a woman's foot in a stiletto and there was just something about it that captured my attention. First of all, it looked uncomfortable - the "beauty is pain" philosophy manifested in a photo. Second, it was just the back of the shoe - you couldn't see the toes at all. This past weekend, when I saw that one of my clients was wearing the fishnets and the black heel, I decided it was my turn to try to recreate that photo. It's obviously not the same, nor would I want it to be, but I'm really happy with the results.

No comments: