Thursday, January 24, 2008

Though Your Nose Gets A Chillin'

As if we hadn't been out in the cold long enough, Jovee topped off her afternoon with some ice skating at the Frog Pond on Boston Common. We met up with Caroline, another photographer, and while they triple toe looped around the rink, I stayed on the side and took silly pictures.



I love this one of Caroline. She just looks so graceful. Really.


I'll have more photos to post soon.

So, the Oscar nominations were announced this past Tuesday. No real surprises. I was disappointed Eddie Vedder didn't get a Best Song nod for his work on "Into the Wild." And, I definitely need to find out the rules regarding Foreign Film submissions. It seems ridiculous that "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" and "4 Months, 3 weeks, and 2 Days" didn't get nominated. Usually I try to see as many of the nominees as I can before the Awards show, but with the televised ceremony up in the air, I'm not feeling the pressure. It just takes a lot of the fun out of it. However, I am going to try to see "There Will Be Blood." I think Daniel Day-Lewis will win Best Actor. He's just one of those guys who is nominated every time he's in a film. And since I should be able to get "The Assassination of Jesse James" and "American Gangster" through Netflix before the show, I'll probably watch those. Those are my goals; to see three movies by Feb. 24th. Should be easy.

No comments: