Friday, January 18, 2008

You Make Me Feel So Young

Here are a few more photos from Natalia and Kyle's wedding...





Okay, so now on to some other stuff... The Golden Globes. Obviously I was extremely disappointed that there was no ceremony - that meant no good celebrity gossip. I was extremely disappointed, though, in NBC's treatment of the awards. First of all, they didn't even give us the winners to all of the awards - for instance, Best Screenplay, which this year, is a really good category. Also, Best Song, which Eddie Vedder ended up winning. Did NBC think its viewers didn't care about these awards? I'd think Best Screenplay would have been that much more topical considering the writers' strike going on right now. I was unaware that E! was basically just filming the actual news conference that took place. I would have much rather watched that. The only movie I didn't see that won an award is "There Will Be Blood" which is definitely on my list. Here are the awards I "disagreed" with:

Best Musical/Comedy: "Sweeney Todd" won. It was a great, cool film, but I'm not sure it should have beat out Juno. I'm absolutely fine with Johnny Depp's win for Best Actor in a Musical/Comedy.

Best Actress in Musical/Comedy: French actress Marion Cotillard won for her work in "La Vie En Rose." She was amazing! However, "La Vie En Rose" was neither a musical nor a comedy, so I don't like that she won for this. However, apparently I would have to take on the Hollywood Foreign Press because this is how they categorize all dramas that feature music (like "Walk the Line").

Best Supporting Actress: The award went to Cate Blanchett for "I'm Not There." Her part was definitely the best in the movie, but I thought the award would go to Amy Ryan for her work in "Gone Baby Gone."

Okay, so that's all I have to say about that. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Oscars; will the writers' strike be over by then? At least I have the SAG Awards to keep me busy!

No comments: