Wednesday, January 2, 2008

We'll Take A Cup of Kindness Yet

Happy New Year! I got to celebrate with a wonderful couple and their families on their wedding day. The wedding was so much fun! I'll be trying to get some of those photos posted in the next week. 2007 has been a really amazing year. I struck out on my own last year and have managed to make it, which I am grateful for every day. I'm grateful for every day I get to photograph children, families, headshots, and weddings. Every day I get to go to the movies. Every day I get to spend hanging out with my friends and family. Every day I get to cook a real meal. Every day I get the dishes done. Every day I learn something new, about photography, the world, or life in general. I'm so excited for what the next year will bring. Thank you to all my 2007 clients - each shoot was so much fun! I am so lucky to be able to do what I love, with people I genuinely enjoy spending time with. The upcoming year will bring all sorts of changes and growth, both personal and business. Never a dull moment.

So as not to post without a photo, here's a picture of my Christmas pig. This guy used to hang out with my grandmother and after she passed away, he was homeless. It seemed no one wanted him. Now, I live in a very tiny apartment and did not want to acquire any large pigs. I claimed some of my grandmother's smaller pigs that now decorate small corners of bookshelves and that seemed adequate. This guy is not that small, but one look at his face and I had to take him in. It's got so much character. Plus, he's like a Scottish-golfing-Christmas pig, and who can resist that? In a world of hyphenates, this guy just stood out. I felt like Charlie Brown picking out a tiny little Christmas tree. So, after all that build-up, here he is:

No comments: