Monday, November 17, 2008

Art Is Why I Get Up In the Morning

In addition to the shoots and the editing recently, I've also been attending concerts. You see, long before I even dreamed of the possibility of studying film and television, I was a music lover. Long before I even dreamed of considering myself a photographer, I was a music lover. It's who I was. I'm not saying I loved cool music or hip music. I wasn't ahead of my time (unless I was so far behind I was ahead). When I was in college, I worked for a couple of radio stations in Boston. My first post-college job was with a music marketing firm. However, once you start studying tv and movies, music sort of falls by the wayside. Doug and I try to go to concerts when we can, but we have very different taste in music. I didn't want to go see Radiohead with him and he refused to go see Jimmy Buffett with me. C'est la vie. This fall, though, we've started attending concerts again and it's awesome. So far, we've seen Julian Velard, performing with Ari Hest and Marianne Keith, Smashing Pumpkins, and Ani Difranco. On the schedule for the upcoming weeks is Ernie Halter, Alexa Ray Joel, and everyone's favorite Christmas show, Harry Connick, Jr.! What a great way to end 2008! I'm feeling re-energized and I'm falling in love with music all over again. So keep an eye out for cool shows coming to your area - music will make you happy.

No comments: