Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hips Don't Lie

My hips, of course, would tell you how much I love to eat. That's a conversation for another time. These hips are the hips of Zehara, a tejedora belly dancer and snake charmer. I first photographed her last winter/spring and we finally managed to get outside for a shoot. Of course, after weeks of uncharacteristically warm October weather, we got a 43 degree morning. Chilly! That also meant her snake could only be photographed for a little while because it needed to be warm. And yes, you can see Zehara's breath in some of these!






Okay, so just for a preview of what's coming up, I've got two family sessions, a sr. portrait, and headshots. I also just got back from New York City. I met up with a bunch of other photographers to go on an adventure around Brooklyn. It was all organized by the amazing wedding photographer [b]ecker. We traipsed around DUMBO, right near the Brooklyn Bridge and then took a ride down to Coney Island. I've got a lot of editing to do, but I'm going to be wicked efficient. Plus, I've got the Red Sox to keep me company for at least 3 1/2 more innings. We'll see what happens in the 9th.

No comments: